Thursday, August 4, 2011

Operation: Bye-Bye Pacifier

Well, it wasn't exactly intentional... I had planned to wait until after we moved to get our little junkie off the paci. After all, I didn't want to throw too many big changes at her all at once (moving across the country, etc.). That, and I was afraid of the consequences. But the disappearance of the last pacifier tonight gave us little choice... She had to go to bed without it, because we simply couldn't find it!

The good news: She didn't even cry! She did ask for it repeatedly, but I told her I couldn't find it and assured her I would look for it (which I did). She stayed awake playing for longer than usual, but is now peacefully asleep. And she is generally a very sound sleeper, so I would be surprised if there's an issue during the night (*knock on wood*). But still-- it went way better than I ever expected! Now I just need to actually FIND the pacifier and throw it away. I hope I get to it before she does!

In the meantime... I've been feeling really positive about this second house. I feel like it's really going to happen (*knock on wood* x 1,000,0000)! Which has sent me into panic mode. If it all works out as planned, we'll be arriving in Massachusetts in the fall. Which means that winter won't be far behind... which means I really need to figure out what we need to survive things like, oh, SNOW! haha! Snow pants, snow jackets, snow boots, mittens/gloves, hats, thermal underwear, snow blowers, salt, sand, etc. And frankly, my wardrobe is woefully inadequate for living anywhere but San Diego, land of the endless summer! I'm thinking flip-flops aren't the best choice for snow. Or rain. And neither are my Converse, for that matter! So I've been doing some shopping, and attempting to do a wardrobe overhaul (for myself) on a limited budget. I dragged the kids to the shoe store and bought the cutest boots today. I am ready for fall weather... Let's hope we actually make it there in time to see some of that!

Anyway, that's what's been going on around these parts. I've resigned myself to the fact that I am NOT a stay-at-home mom yet... I will be going back to teach in a few weeks. And with that in mind, I plan to make the most of these moments I have with the kids... Like this one the other day, where they were playing Leap Frog and Maya decided to just sit on her brother. That's what little sisters are for, right? :)

On a side note: Nikos has announced that his favorite letter is "W," and his favorite number is "4." He wants to be a racecar driver when he grows up, and Maya wants to be a "rock 'n roll star!" They crack me up!!!

No comments: