Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Resolution

I am a frequent contributor to an online photography-focused group, and someone recently posted a link all about the art of taking self-portraits (or "selfies," as the author called them). I clicked on it out of curiosity, but found myself really moved by her description of why self-portraits are so important. So often, one parent (in our case, ME) is ALWAYS behind the camera. If I look back on Nikos' entire lifetime (which includes Maya's entire lifetime, obviously), there are very few pictures of me with the kids. It's almost like I wasn't there, when the exact opposite is true. I mean, I was obviously there, because I TOOK all those pictures!

At any rate, it hit me... Self portraits may be tricky and technically "not perfect," but they are pretty nice to have around. I am setting a new goal to try and take at least one self portrait of me and the kids every week. I want them to see me, too! So to start it off, here's one that I set up tonight while we were reading stories... Maya actually took this one, as evidenced by the remote in her hand. I love my babies!!

No comments: