Monday, May 2, 2011

More Birthday Pics!

Because, well, I can never have enough photos of my babies! And I spent a good chunk of time this morning figuring out my new camera. I used it at the party yesterday, but was mostly winging it. Now that I have it figured out a little better, I LOVE it!!!! It has some amazing features that are SUCH huge upgrades from my old one. I also played around with using it to wirelessly trigger my external flash. That's how I got these two photos, when the lighting really wasn't good. LOVE them!


Anyway... Maya is at the tail-end of a mild cold, and wasn't quite her usual happy self all weekend (I'd say she was operating at about 80%). Still, we had a great time celebrating her actual birthday as a family. First, she ate breakfast with her brother, and got to open her last present-- a charm bracelet that we will add on to every year. Right now, it has two charms on it. One is rainbow-colored, to represent the theme of her first birthday party (and her nickname in utero). The other one is a silver starfish, to represent her beach/surfing theme this year.


Later on, we decided to go out to lunch as a family. I didn't bring the new camera with me, since it's bulky, but I grabbed my little one and snapped a few while we waited for our food. Maya was very wiggly and a little grouchy, but still seemed to enjoy her meal and the experience in general!


For dinner, we had spaghetti (her choice). And after that, we sang to her and let her blow out the candles again. She huffed and puffed, but finally got them out. So cute!

Anyway, I'd call today a success. I loved celebrating my sweet girl!

No comments: