Saturday, May 21, 2011

Movie Night!

The idea of having a family movie night popped into my head earlier this week, when Nikos said he wanted to see "Toy Story 3." I guess someone must have talked about it at daycare, because it came out of nowhere! We own the first movie in the trilogy, and he has seen it, but it is a distant second to his favorite-movie-by-FAR, which is "Cars" (or, as it's known as in our house, "Cars movie!").

Anyway, I had seen the movie before, and thought it would be a fun Friday night activity to stay up later, watch the movie on the sofa bed in the living room, and munch on some snacks. I knew Nikos would probably be fine staying up longer, though I wasn't sure about Maya (my super sleeper!). As it turned out, she was a bundle of energy for the first half of the movie, doing gymnastics all over the bed while singing/laughing/talking/etc. Once she calmed down, she snuggled up next to me, watched the movie, and was as sweet as can be. All in all, it went pretty well! We might need to make this a family tradition!

And... in keeping with my resolution to take more self-portraits, I set up the camera right before the movie started and snapped a few shots in the first few minutes. I put the camera away right afterward so we could just enjoy the movie, but at least I got photos to document the occasion. See exhibit A:

On the docket for tomorrow is a trip to the blueberry farm to fill a large bucket with the tastiest blueberries I have ever eaten, followed by an overnight visit to my parents' house. Three more weeks of school (and three weeks until Alaska!). I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

No comments: