Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day

Today has been a great day, despite me being TOTALLY, miserably sick (I really need to go to the doctor) and the weather not cooperating with my plans (more on that later!). I slept in, and was woken up by both kids coming to deliver me cards (one from them, one from Gus). Gus followed them in with a tray containing a Denver omelet, a mimosa, and a tulip in a bud vase. I ate my breakfast with the kids in bed with me for part of it, but they quickly tired of it and left me to eat in peace. Once I got up, I saw the rest of the tulips out in the kitchen. Tulips are my favorite flower, and these were so pretty!!

The plan for the rest of the day was to have no plan. The ONE thing I requested was that we take family portraits at some point. Despite the nice weather lately, today was gray and windy and on the cooler side. However, we didn't let that deter us! This is my favorite one from our afternoon session at the park. For the record, Maya burped, which is why they were both cracking up. Until that happened, neither one of them would sit still or smile, and I was getting frustrated. But she burped! Hallelujah!

Right now, Gus is cooking lasagna for dinner, and Nikos is helping him. I really hope I can taste it! I am so sick of being sick, but I am lucky to have such a great family who treats me so nicely. Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

No comments: