Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blueberries!

So tired, as usual! And I am afraid I might be getting sick AGAIN-- for the five millionth time this year! Still, I wanted to post these photos. We went blueberry picking yesterday, and both kids did a fantastic job! Nikos was very careful about only picking the dark blue ones, and so was Maya after a few reminders that the green ones were yucky. The kids ate blueberries to their hearts' content (so did we!), and we left with four overstuffed pints of sweet, juicy, hand-picked blueberries. Man, are they delicious! My mom made a pie out of some of them that was just heavenly. And we had a fruit salad with dinner that featured them as well. YUM!!

Anyway, without further ado, here are the pictures!




Back at my parents' house, the kids ate lunch and then one of them took a nap (since the other declared he was "not tired!"). Once Maya was awake, we walked down the road to the neighborhood park. Actually, Nikos refused to walk and insisted that Grandpa carry him because, of course, he was "too tired!!" ha! Still, despite his fatigue, Nikos went bananas at the park and made friends with another little boy around his age. He cracked me up, though... I told him he should introduce himself and ask his friend what his name was. His reply? "I'm not gonna ask him his name, I'm too busy MAKING FRIENDS now, Mommy!" Names or no names, he worked up quite a sweat chasing and being chased by his new little buddy. Which then meant, of course, that he was "too tired" to walk back home. Good thing Grandpa is a pushover!

Now we're home, the house is clean, groceries have been purchased, and I am bracing myself for another week at work. It's a fun time of year, but SO incredibly busy. I'm also loading up on vitamins in hopes of staving off this latest illness, because I simply cannot afford to be absent at ALL in the next three weeks. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

No comments: