Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Boy and His Bear

Okay, so this might seem to be pretty out-of-the-blue, but I was looking through old photos tonight. I'm putting together a picture wall in our entry hall, and wanted to select some from when Nikos was tiny. Anyhow, I happened across this one:

And that's when I realized: Sugarbear, as we call this sweet bear, is officially two years old! Nikos' godparents gave him to us as a Christmas gift when our little guy was just two months old. By the time he was six months old, Nikos and his bear were officially best buddies:

And today, Sugarbear (now called just "Bear," most of the time) is still the first thing our boy asks for when he's sleepy or upset.

It is so interesting to me, in retrospect, since Maya doesn't seem to have this sort of attachment to any one toy. But for Nikos, it works. He loves Sugarbear, and so do we! Happy belated birthday, little bear! :)

No comments: