Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Creeping Along...

It has come to my attention over the past few days that Miss Maya is almost an official army-crawler! She's been pretty mobile for a while now, using a variety of twists and lunges to get wherever she wants to go. But after watching her this afternoon, I think she will be an official member of the "creeper" club within the next week or two. She uses her elbows to dig into the floor, then launches herself forward with her feet. She is getting pretty good at it, too, and can cover several feet in under a minute (depending on the motivation).

What's funny to me is that she seems so driven to move! She sees a toy that she MUST have (usually one of Nikos'), and she makes a beeline for it. For a long time, we thought Nikos would never crawl because he didn't seem to have any desire to do so. He was content to sit in one place and play with his toys. But maybe having an older brother is an excellent motivator-- after all, he plays with the same toys that she covets, so she has to get to them before he does!

At any rate, I will try to get a video of her "creeping" sometime this week. It would help if a) I could find my cheapie point-and-shoot camera (which also records video) or b) the regular video camera was charged up and not sitting there with a dead battery. I'll have to remedy one of these situations so that you can see just how mobile she really is-- it amazes me! Looks like we are going to find out just how dirty our floors are again! :P

No comments: