Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ups and Downs

First, a picture of very-happy Nikos, upon discovering Charlie's napping spot (Charlie was not so thrilled):

I may be biased, but doesn't he have the BEST smile??? I need that right now!

So today started off on a low note, which was a bummer. I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for 8:30am, according to the little reminder card they gave me last time. Gus and I got to the office and, lo and behold, they couldn't find my appointment in the computer! The receptionist must not have actually entered it into the system! I was so sad, because this was supposed to be the appointment where we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Anyhow, they were going to try to fit me in, anyway, but then the lead nurse took a look at my chart. She asked me if I was planning on doing the AFP test (the test that lead to all the drama last time around... yet we've decided that the pros outweigh the cons). When I said yes, she told me that I wasn't far enough along in my pregnancy to do that yet, and that I'd need to come back in two weeks, anyway. So... They made me an appointment for the 25th. No appointment today, no happy heartbeat. I very nearly cried, because I was so disappointed. I just hope the next two weeks fly by!

On a happier note, though, Gus has been Mr. Handyman this weekend! With some help from my dad (the home improvement guru), he tore out all the old kitchen tile, replaced it with new tile, and installed our new kitchen sink and faucet! It looks incredible! Here is an "in-progress" picture... Once everything is cleaned up in there, I'll post the finished product. It really does look great!

No comments: