Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fun Day...

First, I just want to say that I will no longer be writing monthly letters to Nikos... He's 13 months today, but I figured I'll just write them whenever I feel like it, as opposed to keeping a schedule. Now that he's over a year old, I think I can do that!

That being said, our little guy spent his 13-month "birthday" doing something different: he visited Santa Claus at the mall!!! I would LOVE to post the picture here, but alas, I cannot. And that is because it is going to be our Christmas card this year, and I wouldn't want to ruin it for you! :) Let's just say that he didn't exactly find Santa all that appealing. The picture is HILARIOUS!!! Oh well, maybe next year he'll be a little more interested, hehe!

This afternoon, I had a quick doctor's appointment to check on "Rainbow." The nurse practitioner found the heartbeat quickly, and it was nice and strong! Such a great sound to finally hear! She also told me the results of all my bloodwork from my first appointment, and everything looked fantastic. After we were done, I walked down to the lab to get more blood drawn for the AFP test. Yes, that's right, the AFP test. You might remember the last time that happened?? I got a positive result, which ended up leading to having an amniocentesis done to see whether or not Nikos had Down Syndrome. Fortunately, he was completely healthy and perfect. I am dreading the results of this test, but at least I know what to expect this time around. I won't be as frightened if I get another positive result. But still... here's hoping for a "negative" in a few weeks!!!

And so that was our day... Interesting, to say the least! The plan for tomorrow is to attempt to bake an apple pie to bring to Thanksgiving on Thursday. I might even put up the tree and/or bake cookies! Wish me luck! :)

No comments: