Tuesday, October 21, 2008

*Shortness of Breath

I had a realization today... For no obvious reason, I found myself very short of breath while trying to deliver a science lesson this afternoon. I instantly thought back to when I was pregnant with Nikos, and that happened a LOT. And believe me, I am used to talking quite a bit, and don't usually have this problem! I actually had to stop talking to just catch my breath for a minute, and the kids laughed (I did it in an exaggerated way and told them that I talked too much-- so true!). Anyway, isn't that weird? The baby is the size of a fig-- not exactly pressing on my lungs yet. I think that I must just have a higher oxygen requirement, now that my body is pumping so much more blood. It was like I'd run a few laps, when I am quite sure I did not.

Ah, the joys of pregnancy! :P

No comments: