Thursday, October 16, 2008

One Year Ago Today...

...was my due date! I thought that he would be born within a few days, for sure! In retrospect, I find this laughable. I don't know that Nikos would have EVER decided to come out on his own-- I could still be pregnant today! It matches with his personality, too-- he is the type of kiddo who will not do something unless it's on his own terms (hmm, who does he get that from??). He had no plans to come out until he was good and ready!

Anyway, with his birthday only 9 days away, it's amazing to think about how much he's changed in only a short time. A year ago, he was kicking and spinning around in my belly. Now, he wiggles and bounces while he holds on to various toys (his version of dancing). That little baby who I was so eager to meet is now a real little person with likes and dislikes and definite personality traits. It's totally mind-boggling that all this could happen in one short year.

sigh... I'm starting to get sappy about this whole birthday thing. I'll just stop now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nikos!!!