Monday, July 28, 2008

On the Verge

Lately, I keep getting this sense that Nikos is on the verge of doing about a million new and exciting things, all at the same time. It's just incredible! His motor skills are improving by the second, it seems. He loves to throw his toys across the room and then attempt to retrieve them by rolling/wiggling himself across the floor. He pulls himself up to standing on low objects, and he can hang on to higher objects (while standing) if someone puts him there. And changing his diaper has become a monumental challenge, because someone will NOT sit still, not even for a second! As soon as I put him down on the changing table, he flips over onto his belly and attempts to pull himself over the left edge (all the while trying to stick his hands in the diaper pail... ewwwww!!).

Then today, my parents were over, and they noticed that Nikos was starting to make some hand motions while watching his Baby Signing Time DVD. Could it be that our little guy is starting to use sign language??? My mom was convinced that he did the sign for "Mom," but I have yet to witness it (though I have noticed that he's starting to move his hands around while he watches). Still, I wouldn't be surprised if he started using some of the signs any day now. He LOVES that DVD-- it's one of the few things that will actually get him to sit still! It's incredible to think that he's actually learning from it!

Anyway, I definitely think that there's a lot going on inside his little head at the moment, and that Gus and I are going to be shocked once he's done processing it all... This kid has big plans, I just know it!

No comments: