Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Day!



My little brother is married-- I never thought I'd see the day! :) The wedding was yesterday afternoon/evening, and it was SO much fun. It was our first real "vacation" with Nikos-- we've stayed at our parents' houses with him numerous times, but this was a three-day hotel stay! Nikos did really well, too. He had a few comments to share during the ceremony, but wasn't crying or anything and got to stay for the entire thing. He went with us to the reception for a little bit, too, before Gus dropped him off back at the hotel with our super-hero-babysitter, Aunt Maria (thanks, Maria!!)! Gus' sister watched Nikos on both Friday and Saturday nights, so that he could keep up his normal sleep routine and so we could go out and have a great time at the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. And it WAS a great time! It was fun to see some of my brother's old high school friends, and I had a fantastic time hanging out with the other bridesmaids and dancing until I thought my feet were going to fall off (they are throbbing today). Not to mention the fact that I got to enjoy more than a few glasses of champagne, which is a rare treat these days! It was such a fun (albeit exhausting) weekend, and I'm so thrilled that I can now offically call Melissa my sister-in-law. :)

Finally, one more pic before I go... Here's one of me and my hot date at the rehearsal dinner... I have *no* pictures of me all dressed up in my bridesmaid ensemble, so I'm looking forward to seeing the professional pictures when they come in! The photographer even took some shots with all three of us (me, Gus, and Nikos), so I'm especially anxious to see those!

1 comment:

Alayna said...

Wow, congratulations to Grant!! I can't quite believe he's married either! They look very happy and it looks like it was a lovely wedding. Glad you guys had fun!