Friday, February 1, 2008

Semi-coherent Babblings

Ahhh... It's Friday afternoon, Nikos is asleep, and I can finally sit down and breathe (and enjoy my chai soy latte). I never thought this week would end!!

From Sunday through Tuesday nights, I think our little man was going through a growth spurt. He would only take short naps during the day, and then was hungry every two hours all night long (like clockwork!). I don't even know how I managed to teach this week, but I dug deep and found some hidden source of energy. It's amazing what the human body can do, isn't it?

And then, early (4am!) Wednesday morning, Gus left on a business trip for Wyoming and Colorado. I got my first real taste of what it would be like to be a single mom... So I can officially say this: I do not know how they do it! Luckily, Nikos went back to a more normal sleeping schedule just in time (THANK GOD!), but I am still completely and utterly exhausted. My back is killing me. And every time he takes a nap, I have about a million things to get done (washing/preparing bottles, setting up his bath, taking my own shower, doing laundry... it never ends!). Gus still won't be home until tomorrow, but I think I've made it through the toughest part. And let me tell you, I appreciate that man in an entirely new way now. Nikos and I both can't wait for Daddy to come home! And Gus' parents are going to come and babysit on Sunday so that we can get out and go to a movie or something. So that will be fun!!

Anyway... I am completely wiped out. I should probably go and just watch some mindless TV. I am seriously having trouble putting together coherent sentences!

One last thing, though, before I go... My highlight of the week! I discovered yesterday that MY OLD JEANS FIT AGAIN!!!!! YAY!!!!! I am so happy, because I really love these jeans (they're trouser jeans from Banana Republic... they're the best!). I really didn't think that this day would ever come, but it did. And I have to say-- I've been really lucky in the weight-loss department. I actually weigh less now than I did when I got pregnant, and I haven't exercised at all. Thank you, breastfeeding!!!

And a final picture... I took this one this morning right before I dropped him off at daycare (I loved the outfit). He gets cuter and cuter every day!!

No comments: