Tuesday, February 12, 2008

One Year Ago Today...

It's hard for me to believe that exactly one year ago today, at 5:57 in the morning, I finally saw two pink lines on a home pregnancy test! I can remember that day so vividly, as well as the weekend that preceded it. I was so certain that I was pregnant, but I didn't want to say anything to Gus or risk jinxing myself!

Anyway, a lot has changed in only a year (obviously). Nikos has gone from being a microscopic cluster of cells to being a 15-pound, nearly-four-month-old boy! I look at him and think to myself: I grew him!! It's the weirdest, coolest thing to think that I grew another person (ok, Gus deserves some of the credit, I guess!). And I'm still technically "growing" him by being his one and only source of all nutrition. He is my life's biggest accomplishment, without question!

But back to my main point: a lot has changed in a year. I realize now that I had no clue about what motherhood would really be like. You can read every book on the planet, but nothing can ever prepare you for that moment when your baby emerges and you realize "he's ours-- forever." It's such a powerful (and sometimes overwhelming) feeling. But the love you feel for your baby is absolutely indescribable. And I can't imagine our lives without little Nikos now. It's just strange to think it all started with those two little pink lines:

P.S. Just for kicks, I added a "belly picture" to the section over there on the right... 55 weeks! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!