Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tooth #1: Gone!

Finally!!!!!!

When the kids had their dentist appointments in early October, the hygienist pointed out that Niko had a loose tooth, and that the new one was starting to come in behind it. It was very definitely loose, and I figured it would be a matter of days. But, two months later, that sucker finally decided to fall out! Niko really didn't want to wiggle it at all, which was a big part of why it took so long. And actually, we had a little issue on Sunday, when we were eating dinner in New York. He must have bitten down with that tooth, and it made a sort of sickening crunch, and he burst into tears. So we kind of figured that tooth would be coming out soon.

This morning, he came into our room at 6:30. Not unusual, since he tends to wake up then and use our bathroom. But this time, he said,"Mom, you need to come into the bathroom and turn on the light!" Being the good mommy that I am, who had been sound asleep moments prior, I said, "No. I'm sleeping." He tried again-- "Mom, you've gotta see this!" Fine. I told him to come show me. I grabbed my cell phone off my nightstand to generate a little light. And there he was, holding up his tooth! "It was just rolling around in my mouth, poking me! I didn't know what it was until I got it out!" Happy Day!!!!! (we're very happy that he didn't swallow it)

Anyway, our big boy had a great day from start to finish. Here he is a few hours later (once we were awake and had eaten breakfast), showing off his missing tooth. Though the new tooth is about halfway in already! haha! The dentist said it should move forward into the proper place, now that the baby tooth is gone. Hooray!!!! The Tooth Fairy comes tonight!
In other news... Maya had another play date with some other girls from town today. These four little ladies will all be in kindergarten together next year, and they will be in school together all the way through high school! So crazy! They were all in the same dance class together last year, and three of us are still in the same class this year. They are such a sweet little group! They made sugar cookies today. :)

No comments: