Saturday, December 14, 2013

SANTA!!!!!!!!!!

So, remember how excited I was when Maya sat with Santa last weekend??? Take that and multiply it times a thousand, because BOTH KIDS SAT WITH HIM TODAY. This is not a joke. A true Christmas Miracle has taken place!!! I was sort of expecting Maya to do it, but Niko? No way! Although he hasn't acted as scared this year, he still didn't have any interest whatsoever in sitting with him. I am still in shock that this actually happened!

Anyway... we went to a holiday craft workshop at the hardware store across the street. I love that place... it's a mom-and-pop business, and they are always so friendly and helpful. I saw a sign out front about this event, and went inside to ask. I'm so glad that I did! There were maybe 15 kids there, so it wasn't overly crowded. Everyone got to make a milk jug snowman light, complete with a battery-powered strand of LED lights.
There was a caricaturist there doing pics of the kids (the one of Niko and Maya is so horrible, I won't share it. But it was still fun to watch). And the kids made reindeer food to sprinkle on the front lawn on Christmas Eve. They also had pages to color, and the kids could write their letters to Santa, if they wanted. Niko did! Completely on his own-- I didn't even realize he was doing it. I love this:
And, finally, the big man arrived! And he had a sack filled with gifts for all the good little girls and boys! As he pulled gifts from his bag, he called the name on the tag and that kiddo got to visit with him. Maya went first, followed by Niko. Both kids were fine. My heart was about to burst!! (and yes, Maya sat by him, too... I just liked this photo where she was getting her gift from Santa!)
Santa brought Maya a little Barbie nail polish set, and a small Lego set for Niko (all of Santa's gifts had a limit of $5 today). They were so happy! And I think it just cemented it in Niko's mind that this was, in fact, the REAL Santa! Which is why I was able to get this picture, which very nearly made me cry. I've been dreaming of getting a picture of both kids with Santa since Maya was born!
It really, truly happened. Yup. I'm still in shock!!

Now we are hunkered down inside, with winter storm Electra in full force-- we could get up to a foot (possibly more) of snow tonight. Perfect for wrapping ourselves in blankets and watching "A Christmas Story." Goodnight! :)

No comments: