Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving (and Our 2nd Massiversary)

So... we had a lovely Thanksgiving! It was our first one ever where I actually got to cook, and I admit-- I was excited. Plus, my cousin Emma joined us. She started college here a few months ago, but didn't go home to California for the weekend (since she'll be going home in just a few weeks and staying for over a month!). So us Californians-living-in-Massachusetts made the best of it, and had a great time! The kiddos, especially, loved hanging out with Emma, and were sad when we drove her back to her dorm.

I had to take a picture for posterity, of course! It's a little blurry, but you get the general idea!
In other news... Today marks our second Massiversary! Two years ago, on the night of November 30th, we flew from San Diego to Boston and drove to our new (old) house. The kids, who were SO anxious to see their daddy again, fell asleep in the car shortly after they were reunited, and didn't really see the house at all until they woke up the next morning, December 1st. So December 1st is the day they really laid eyes on the house for the same time, and we began a new chapter. It is absolutely crazy to think about-- in some ways, it feels like we just left California yesterday. In other ways, it feels like that was a whole lifetime ago. I will say, though, that the move here was an overwhelmingly positive one for our family. The one regret that we have is that our families and old friends aren't closer. But we love our house, our town, and New England in general. It's a good fit for us. And it's a true example of how you never know where you will end up in life!

Anyway, life is good. Our halls are appropriately decked for Christmas, now that Thanksgiving is over. This is my favorite time of year, and the kids are SO excited! I can't wait to see their faces on Christmas morning! In the meantime, I took this picture last night. Love my little Christmas babies!

No comments: