Saturday, September 28, 2013

Halloween Costumes and Carrots

Just playing catch up! Life is busy-busy-busy, as always. I am a Mom Taxi. Always someplace to be!

This past week, I decided to finally get Maya's Halloween costume together. She is going to be Princess Leia, and has had the actual costume since Easter, but the headpiece that came with it was silly. I wanted to make one that would fit better and look at least slightly more... normal. haha! I got some supplies from the dollar store and went to work. I'd say the results were pretty cute!
Then, Niko didn't want to be left out! He wanted to try his costume on again, too!
In other news... The days and nights are getting a little cooler around these parts, and I've started looking at my garden and wondering when the first frost will strike, killing everything that's left. Probably soon. Which means I need to harvest everything. I figured we'd go out and pick one of the carrots, just to see if they're ready. I wasn't optimistic. Maya dumped the entire carrot seed packet into one square foot of garden space, and I knew that they would be massively overcrowded. Still, we picked one. And OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!
WOW!!! I was amazed! It looks good and smells nice and carrot-y, too! Maya said it was carrotastic! hehe! Anyway, this motivated us to pick the others...
Um. Yeah. That is a lot of carrots! And a lot of big ones! All from one (very crowded) square foot of garden. I am still amazed. I've never grown carrots before, let alone such gigantic ones!! I think I will be making a lot of carrot-based recipes over the next few weeks, haha!

My aunt Stacy and her husband Jack return today. Gus and I are getting a date night tonight! Woohoo!!

No comments: