Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hallelujah!! He can SWIM!

He's almost 6 years old, but today he swam without any sort of floatie! Miracles DO happen!

Seriously, Niko is almost too smart for his own good. And he was pretty much convinced that he would just sink like a stone if he swam without a floatie. No matter how many times I told him otherwise, he simply wouldn't believe me. But, as I've mentioned before, he is now very motivated to learn. And I guess hearing it from someone else makes it true. His swim instructor today looked at him and said, "You know, you can do this. Let's take that thing off, and I want you to put your face in the water and swim over to me. Okay?" And... he did! Multiple times! This was the second time:
I could not believe my eyes. It was amazing! He had a few moments (like at the end of this video) where he'd forget to keep kicking and would sink, but he always got himself right back up above water-- no big deal. Today marks a MAJOR milestone. This was the hardest part for him-- just having that confidence that he could do it, and getting over his fear that he would sink. And this was only the second week of lessons! I can't wait to see his skills explode from here on out!

No comments: