Saturday, July 20, 2013

Little Fish

I have to say, I'm a little amazed by my big boy lately. He's always been very skittish around water. Now, suddenly, he has this desire to hold his breath under water, open his eyes, and really swim around-- with floaties. Still, it's such a far cry from even last summer. Who is this little fish??

I think the biggest push for him has been being around kids his own age (like Caryn's son, Evan) who can swim. Suddenly,  he wants to do it! Today was more of the same: we went to a birthday pool party for a t-ball friend, and said friend was a good little swimmer. I had made a huge mistake and had forgotten Niko's puddlejumper (floatie). In the past,  this would have been a deal-breaker-- I was ready to go back home and get it! But Niko shocked me and swam only with inflatable arm rings! And loved it!!!! I think it might be time to try real swim lessons again!!

Anyway, here are a few pics from today's party.  It was a lot of fun! This family is very nice,  and the little boy will be in kindergarten with Niko this year.  Friends for life?  Who knows? :)

No comments: