Sunday, July 7, 2013

Coast to Coast!

So it's taken me nearly two years to get a picture of the kids in front of the Atlantic, but here it is! In front of Pemaquid Point Lighthouse in Damariscotta, Maine!
I hatched this plan after taking the kids to the beach in San Diego before we moved away... We just wanted to see the Pacific one more time, and I needed a break from packing! But my coworker suggested getting a matching photo on the Atlantic once we got here, and it just didn't happen. Truthfully, our camping trip to Maine was the first time we have actually SEEN the open ocean since moving here! Massachusetts is called the Bay State for a reason-- lots of bays and harbors and inlets... no real open ocean unless you go pretty far out on Cape Cod!

Anyway, this is the photo that started it all... Pacific Beach in San Diego, California, taken in November of 2011. I can't believe how much they have grown!!!

No comments: