Friday, May 24, 2013

Preschool Graduation

Awww... our baby boy is really, officially done with preschool. I did get a little choked up during the processional, seeing our boy in his little graduation cap. But I quickly pulled myself together and enjoyed the nine-minute-long ceremony. Yup, nine minutes! Short and sweet! The owner welcomed everyone, the director/lead teacher read a poem, the kids sang two songs, and then the other teachers read names and passed out "diplomas." And then we moved into another room for cake, cookies, and juice. I think I was out of the house for about 45 minutes total, haha! Anyway, here are a few pictures from after the ceremony. I didn't take any pictures during the ceremony because I was busy recording the whole thing on video. (I don't want to post the video on here for privacy reasons, but just let me know if you would like the link to see it!).

First, the graduate and his #1 Fan (seriously):

And our boy with his three teachers:

Finally, cake!

Please note Maya's necklace. We spent a good amount of time searching for it this morning, because she wanted to "dress up" for Niko's graduation, since it was such a special day. Is she not the cutest??

Anyway, that was our big event of the morning. Deck construction continues. It's Memorial Day weekend, but it's going to be unseasonably cold and rainy and just generally unpleasant. I don't think we will be doing much! Hopefully we will get to enjoy our deck next weekend!

No comments: