Saturday, October 20, 2012

AppleFest!

Let's see, where did I leave off? It's been a few days!

Thursday, the kids had preschool and my parents and I went shopping while they were gone. Then, once we picked the kids up, we went out to lunch, then spent the rest of the (beautiful) afternoon back at the house. My dad wanted to repair some stained glass pieces he had made for the kids, and my mom and I baked a pie with some of the last apples we had picked. Friday ended up being a very, very rainy day... It rained almost nonstop all day. After lunch, my mom and I went out shopping for Nikos' birthday presents. He needs a bigger bike, and he had mentioned seeing a dinosaur one. Well, after looking in two stores, we hadn't found a dino bike. But I decided to check one more place and, lo and behold! They had a t-rex bike. The perfect size and the perfect price! It was like it was meant to be. I hope he loves it!

Today was much busier. I had a photo shoot first thing in the morning, and then had to pick up the key to the library meeting room for my club's Halloween party tomorrow. And then we were off to the AppleFest! As my dad later pointed out, there weren't many references to apples. If anything, it was more of an Oktoberfest. But we took the ski lift up the mountain to take in all the beautiful fall foliage, which was breathtaking (and also sort of terrifying!). We went on a hay ride, and the kids went bananas over the selection of bounce houses and other activities just for them (pony rides, etc.). We watched them weigh some enormous pumpkins (all close to 1,000 pounds each), and got to see various performers and whatnot. And despite a meltdown at lunchtime over a hot dog, it was a really fun day! Both kids especially loved riding on the ski lift. Daredevils!!

No comments: