Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thoughts

Before I get too far into this post, let me just assure you that Maya's hives are almost completely gone now! After hitting their peak on Saturday, they have quickly subsided. All that's left are a few faded spots on her upper thighs-- otherwise, she looks great!

Anyway... the real reason I am posting tonight is because school starts again tomorrow. While I am so fortunate to a) have a job at all and b) have one that I enjoy, it is a bittersweet moment. Being a teacher, and having a summer vacation, gives me a taste of what being a stay-at-home mom would be like. And while I definitely know it wouldn't be easy, the idea of staying at home becomes more desirable every year. Especially now. Both kids are at ages where they can be so much fun, and I just love them to pieces. It makes me sad to think that, during the school year, I spend more time with other peoples' kids than with my own (on a typical day). That just doesn't seem right. The thought of missing so many "firsts" just breaks my heart. :(

At the same time, I AM excited. I think it's going to be a great school year, and I think I have a pretty nice bunch of kids. And, like I said, I like my job. And I LOVE my coworkers!

I don't know. I'm hoping that one day I can stay at home and focus on my photography as a part-time business. That would be ideal... But until then-- back to school I go!

And a quick picture of my sweet girl, after a late nap today. I will miss this view, SO much!

No comments: