Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Trip to the Zoo!

Seeing as this is my last week of summer vacation and we haven't been to the zoo at all, I figured it was high time to get some mileage out of our annual passes! Luckily, my parents have passes, too, so the three of us took Nikos on his first zoo trip. He had a great time! Grandma and Grandpa bought him a junior zookeeper's outfit, as well as a storybook about pandas that was autographed by the author just for him. We got there right at 11am and left at 2pm. The little guy didn't fuss at all and then fell asleep on the ride home! And since he is still asleep, I must share a handful of the millions of pictures I took. :)

Yeah! I'm at the ZOO!

Meerkats (and lots of baby meerkats!)

Yeah, yeah, I see the elephant... But LOOK OVER THERE!!!!!

It's a LLAMA!!! My favorite animal of the day!

Giraffes are interesting, too... but they're not llamas.

Camels! (and Grandma and Grandpa)

I probably wouldn't be smiling like this if I had noticed the giant black jaguar at the top of this enclosure...

Even junior Zookeepers need to take breaks every now and then...

No comments: