Friday, February 20, 2015

That One Time I Lost My Mind...

So there was that one time I posted an open invitation on Facebook for local friends to come sled at my house... and that time was yesterday, ha! I started by throwing out an invitation to my closest friends, but figured, "Why not invite everyone?" It's school vacation week... I worked really hard on making not one but TWO sled runs (yes, I dug another), and yesterday was the last day of the week where it would be warm enough to play out there (the high was 20 degrees... today's high is supposed to be 5). So I went for it! And, since it's vacation week, a lot of people were out of town or had preexisting plans, so it wasn't that crazy. In all, we had eleven kids outside sledding for three hours! And the kids were fine because they were running around, but I couldn't feel my fingers or toes by the end (hot cocoa was a necessity, which I thankfully had the foresight to realize!). But it was the sort of thing I've wanted to do ever since we moved here and knew we had a great sledding hill. So I was happy that it worked out!
Now we have cleaned the house yet again for yet another playdate... Niko has a friend coming over after lunch. Maya really wanted to have a friend over, too, but the ones she requested are all out of town today. So she and I will bake brownies and have some girl time. It has been an entire week of playdates... We have literally had one every single day. The kids have been thrilled, but I am TIRED! I am looking forward to getting back into my home improvement routine once school starts up again next week!
-----------------------
This is totally unrelated to the rest of this post, but I love this picture I took this morning. This is what they have been doing EVERY morning! They both squeeze into the same chair and do totally separate things. They just like to be near each other, even if they sometimes drive each other nuts...

No comments: