Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Every Day I'm Shovelin'...

I saw a funny picture someone shared... It was of a guy shoveling, with the caption "Every day I'm shovelin'." It's a parody of the song "Party Rock" by LMFAO, where they sing "Every day I'm shuffling..." But I think shoveling is a much better fit. And now I totally get that song stuck in my head whenever I shovel (which is, you know, pretty much every day)!

Anyway... today was 26 degrees, sunny, and the kids are on vacation from school all week... so it was finally the PERFECT time to try out the sled run I made. And they loved it! Niko had a friend over this morning, and the two boys were out there for hours (Maya was actually off bowling and getting lunch with one of her friends... busy week!). And as soon as Maya got home, she and Niko spent several more hours out there. I am so glad I made this for them (for all of us!). It was nice to be outside in the sunshine and the comparatively warm weather, having fun together. I made a quick video showing how the sled run works:
Then, while I was out there, I dug a snow cave! I had thought about doing it the other day when I was being the human mole, digging my way around the yard, but I ran out of steam. Today was a good day for it, though. I didn't dig it too deep, just in case it collapses (which I highly doubt). Any guesses on how long this mountain of snow will be in our back yard for? I am guessing it will still be there in June, possibly July. Because it's THAT big and it doesn't get much sun. Place your bets now!
And those are my epic shoveling feats of the week! The kids also got haircuts today, and we have had play dates every day this week... But I am most proud of my snow accomplishments, haha! :)

No comments: