Saturday, September 27, 2014

FINALLY!!! He lost a front tooth!

Niko's front tooth has been ridiculously loose for a few weeks now. It was so loose that it was being pushed up and out of place, and it looked really funny. I've been hoping and praying that it would come out before next week, when he has his school pictures. Well, he wasn't really wiggling it or anything. BUT... my brother is visiting us this weekend (he was in town for business), and he told Niko that he would take him shopping to pick out his birthday present IF Niko could get the tooth out. And Niko told me to go for it!

I have to admit, I was nervous! I didn't want to hurt him, but I was confident that it would come out pretty easily. And it did! One good tug with some dental floss, and his tooth was bouncing across the bathroom floor. And now he has the cutest smile! :)
Backing up a bit... We've had a fun weekend so far with Uncle Grant in the house! He got to know our chickens:
And we went apple picking, despite the fact that it was 75 degrees outside...
He was also here for Niko's soccer game last night, which was (as always) fun to watch. I've been told that his team is actually stacked, which explains why they are SO GOOD. There are a bunch of little girls who are absolutely AMAZING out there. Niko is new to this, and is catching on quickly, but the girls are really quite impressive. Anyway, I took a bunch of pictures, but these were two of my favorites. One of my little soccer star, and another of my favorite goalie, frolicking and leaving the goal wide open (haha!). :)
Also on the soccer front... Today was picture day! We had Maya's team photos this morning, and Niko's this afternoon. Luckily, that tooth came out just in time! I took my own pictures before we went to take the official ones. I'll likely just keep these pics and buy the team photos. I think these two kids are pretty adorable, though!
And that's been our weekend, so far! Well, Grant and Gus and Maya went out on the canoe this afternoon (while I took Niko to soccer pictures). And we went to the store so Niko could pick out a Ninja Turtles Lego set. And we barbecued and ate dinner outside. It's been pretty nice! No complaints here, especially now that that tooth is out! YAY!

No comments: