Saturday, April 27, 2013

Yard Sale and Father-Daughter Dance!

Well, it was a busy day! The yard sale went alright-- I sold all my big ticket items, saved a few things for my adorable new niece, and then packed the rest up for donation. Got a couple hundred bucks-- not bad for a half day's work! The kids had fun helping, too, though we drank more water bottles than we actually sold. Oh well! It was fun! Everyone was pleasant, the weather was awesome, and some friends stopped by to visit, too. Definitely part of the small-town experience! Here's a picture of my super helper this morning (also known as the early bird of the family). He actually did a great job helping me set up, while Gus and Maya were still asleep!
After lunch, we cleaned in preparation for Maya's party, and decorated her cake. We used frosting pens-- I did the top, and the kids drew on the sides. They were really tough to work with, but hey-- it's an art party! I think the finished product is fun! I will share photos of it tomorrow! :)

And then, later in the afternoon, I spent time getting my sweet girl all dolled up. We painted her nails (which she always loves), and then I did my best on her hair. I am not the best hair stylist, but that's okay. I tried! I am still learning. Then we took this picture before she and Gus left for the Daddy Daughter Dance. Have I ever mentioned what a lovebug my second child is? Well, yeah. She really is! She covers us all with hugs and kisses every single day!
Finally, some pictures off of Gus' phone from the dance itself. They sat with Mike (Miranda's husband) and Natalie, who is Niko's age. Our girl was shy, but still had a BLAST. And she loved the little corsage that Gus bought for her at the door. I love her sweet face. And, on another note... how can she be almost four years old?? sigh...

No comments: