Friday, April 26, 2013

Let the Craziness Begin!

I used to think that this time of year was just crazy and hectic because I was a teacher. As it turns out, I was wrong! It's just a busy time of year, as everything that follows the school-year calendar comes to a close. For example, we have Maya's dance recital coming up fairly soon, and she will have her professional portraits taken next week. Which meant that she got her recital costume this past week! They were allowed to try them on in class. And OH. MY. GOSH. I died from the cuteness!! I may be biased, but I think she is just the cutest little cow EVER! And Paige makes an adorable little duck!
We've also been treated to some absolutely lovely weather this week, which makes it very hard to get chores done when we just want to be outside! We had one day this past week where we reached 70 degrees, and it was amazing how hot that felt after being so cold for so long. The forecast looks promising for this weekend, too! Anyway, we spent a lot of time outside, and I got pictures like these-- kids in t-shirts!! It's been so long! Then, last night, we went to go see Disney on Ice. I never thought I would be interested in doing that, but we got a little postcard about it in the mail some months back. Both kids were VERY interested, especially since they were both taking ice skating lessons at the time. I was able to buy them early, and got "preferred customer" discount, so they were very reasonable. I also got tickets for Caryn and Miranda and their respective families, so we pretty much took up an entire row. And the seats were fantastic! Stadium seating, not far from the ice, and we really had clear views of everything. It was very loud, which Nikos didn't like, but both kids actually had a fantastic time (one with hands over his ears). It was a late night for them, but they did great, and had lots of positive things to say about it when they woke up this morning. Such a fun experience!
Now that that fun event is over with, it's on to the next thing! Seriously, we've got a busy few weeks ahead of us. I spent most of the day today getting ready for the town-wide yard sale, which is tomorrow. I'm excited to see what kind of traffic we get, since we live in a pretty prominent location! The kids are going to sell bottles of water, too, which will be adorable.

Once the yard sale is over with and the leftovers are packed away, then it's on to the Daddy-Daughter Dance (town-sponsored event). And, while Gus and Maya are at that, I will be scrubbing the house top to bottom and preparing for a certain little girl's birthday party on Sunday! ACK! I've already been working on her cake. It's not perfect, but she is VERY excited. It's an art-themed party! Here's a little sneak peek of what I've done so far. It's a homemade vanilla cake, filled with vanilla pudding, covered with vanilla buttercream and a very thin layer of marshmallow fondant. Tomorrow, the real decorating begins. Fun!! Anyway... it's just a busy time of year. Next weekend will be even crazier! It's all fun, though. And I should have lots to blog about... let's hope I actually find the time to do it! :)

No comments: