Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzard Update

So... tons of snow fell last night! It was crazy windy, too. I just took this quick video, to compare with the one I took yesterday afternoon:
We haven't lost power at all, thank goodness (*knock on wood!*). Everyone slept well except for me. I got up at about 2am just to make sure everything was okay. And just in time to see a posse of guys on snowmobiles pulling into the convenience store down the road (which was still open, despite a state ban on driving after 4pm yesterday... I feel horrible for those employees!). It was quite odd to see snowmobiles driving down Main Street, but I'm sure it was safer than being in a car! The plows were running all night, too, though the roads are still in bad shape. We won't be going anywhere today!

Anyway... I stuck a stick out on the front porch yesterday morning to measure the snowfall. And, of course, the snow started accumulating everywhere BUT by the stick! Ha! It was so windy that there are huge drifts everywhere, and it's hard to really know how much snow we got. However, we have 1.5 feet by the stick, which is just about the most shallow spot. I think it's a safe bet that we have at LEAST 2 feet (maybe 2.5?) covering the driveway. And it's still falling steadily!
And here is just one quick pic from the back yard. I think the snow is deeper there, but won't know until we go out there!

No comments: