Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Big Kids

Yesterday was a big day in the P. house... I registered our baby boy for kindergarten! I did it while the kids were at preschool, so they weren't part of the process, but Nikos was actually very excited about it (surprising, since he has told me numerous times that he doesn't want to go to kindergarten). He wanted to drive by the school and check it out, so we took a little detour on our way home. His favorite part, so far, is the playground ("They have BASKETBALL HOOPS, Mom!!!"). I think he is going to love it there. However, I still can't believe we are at this point already. Just yesterday, he was this little baby...
...and now he's this Big Kid (who needs a haircut)! It blows my mind!!!
So I guess there will be an orientation in May, and then another one later in the summer, right before school starts, where he will get to experience his first school bus ride. I repeat: I can't believe it. It makes my heart hurt a little, thinking about sending him out into the Big Wide World. But he's a good kid. I think he will be just fine. siiiiigh...

Anyway, I don't have much else to report, except our boy has a cold right now. His nose is running like a faucet, so we are skipping Maya's dance class today. I don't think the other moms and kids in the waiting room would appreciate being exposed to his germs, and it is VERY obvious that he is sick. Maya is a little bummed, but she understands. She is currently playing dress-up, as usual. She is so funny! I snapped this photo of her the other day, per her request. I was just photographing my new backdrop color ("bone") to see how it looked, but she grabbed the chair and insisted I take a picture. Crazy kid!
Today's agenda includes cleaning, caring for my sick kid, and probably a quick run to the grocery store. We have snow coming on Friday, though nobody can seem to agree on the amount. Some forecasts say 2-4 inches, others say 30 inches! Big difference! Better stock up on food, though, just in case...

No comments: