Saturday, August 18, 2012

Catching Up

They're still here! I had a fun few days of being in charge of three kids, but now Grant and Melissa have returned from their side trip to New York City. We've been having a great time. I'm tired!!!

Anyway, where did I leave off? I last posted on Wednesday. On Thursday, we had planned to go to a cool park in Shrewsbury with a duck pond, but it POURED all night (with crazy thunder and lightning), and was threatening to do it some more. So I invited Caryn and her kids over to play instead, and they had a great time! Colton threw his arms around Paige the minute she walked through the door, which was so cute!

After the other kids left and Colton had taken his nap, we went outside to play for a bit. It had finally gotten sunny and warm, and I wanted to enjoy it! I also ended up snapping some pics of the kids that I really love. Colton is so entertained by his cousins, and they are so good about being gentle with him and making sure he's safe. Even now, Maya keeps telling me to be quiet because Colton's sleeping. I'm not making a sound! But whatever, they love him. It's so sweet!
Yesterday, I took all three kids to the supermarket to get a few things, which was my accomplishment of the week, haha! After that, we played outside and just generally stuck close to home, knowing that Grant and Melissa would be back soon. We also baked brownies in anticipation of their arrival.
Today, we went to the local children's science museum! Our passes allowed them to get in for free with us, so that was nice. We weren't there for too long, but that's the beauty of having the annual passes.
After we were done there, we went to lunch, then back home for naps. Currently, Grant, Colton, and Melissa are asleep. Gus and Maya WERE asleep, but have since woken up. The only napless people are me and Nikos. And I'm exhausted-- I could use a nap! It will have to wait, though. Tonight, Grant and Melissa are going to watch the kids so that Gus and I can go out to dinner. A real date! I am so excited, even if it means just driving to the Mexican dive in the next town over, haha!

I also need to convince the other adults that a family portrait is in order. Well see how that goes!

No comments: