Sunday, July 17, 2011

Frustration

Well, our contract deadline on the short sale house came and went without so much as a single phone call or email. Sigh. So I am not sure where we stand at the moment, particularly since our realtor in Massachusetts just got back from vacation a few hours ago. The listing agent will most likely ask us to renew the contract, but we'll see. All I really have to say is UGH!!!! And also, we're going to Massachusetts next week to look at other houses. That makes me feel a little better, at least.

Anyway... In an effort to keep myself distracted from all the house drama (which I have only barely touched upon here), I've been focusing on my most important job as "mom." We've been to the park. We've gone shopping. We've played outside (a LOT). We've picnicked every day. We've done just about everything imaginable, including my personal favorite: playing "car wash" in the back yard on several occasions. We've kept the house immaculate, since people have been coming by more often to view it. Yesterday, we found and caught a caterpillar, and did our best to make it a cozy little home where we can watch it grow and maybe turn into a moth (though I admit that the odds are against us). I've started turning lunch into art, creating little scenes with their food. To an outsider, I might be losing my mind, haha! But really, I've just been enjoying my time with my two amazing kids, and hoping that we get some answers soon. Because really, this whole uncertainty-thing is very unpleasant. Ugh, ugh, ugh!! Honestly, if this works out, we will be getting a great deal on a house we love and can see ourselves in for a long time. But I don't think I will ever buy a short sale house again!

Anyway... I have been slacking in the blogging department lately, but have, as always, taken plenty of pictures. So without further ado, here are some highlights from the last few days!






Don't worry, no toddlers were harmed in the making of this post. Though the first picture looks dangerous, they weren't actually moving. And Gus was supporting Nikos in the last one, as he stood on the barbecue and peeked over the fence to talk to Bonnie (our daycare lady). :)

No comments: