Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another Day...

...and still no news on whether or not we got the short sale house. Really, it is SO HARD when your realtor (and the rest of the world) seems to think we could hear "any day now," but they have been saying that for over a month. And with our contract deadline coming up in just two days... Well, we're working on the backup plan. I try not to focus on it too much, because I would drive myself crazy. But it's really hard when you constantly run into people you know in this small town, and their reaction is ALWAYS the same: "Wow, what are you still doing here? I figured you'd have moved by now!" Yup. And it happened again today. sigh...

Anyway, we did have a fun day, despite a few major moody meltdowns from both kids (yikes!). We spent the morning relaxing at home. I worked out on our new elliptical (yay!), took a shower, cleaned up, addressed an ant situation in the kitchen, and got the kids dressed. They played superheroes for a while. We eventually got around to baking some brownies (Nikos had a 20-minute meltdown because I didn't give him what he considered to be "a lot" of chocolate chips). At lunchtime, we decided to picnic in the backyard, which naturally led to playing out there.

Once Maya went down for her nap (complete with a meltdown about her missing pacifiers-- she still has one, but that's apparently not enough), Nikos and I went back outside. I moved my lounger so that my legs were in the sun, and read from my Kindle while Nikos played all around me. It was actually very peaceful! Once I realized I was getting a sunburn (OOPS), we went back inside and Nikos built things using various pieces of games (Jenga blocks, dominoes, checkers, and chess pieces).

Maya eventually woke up from her nap, and the three of us headed out to the local farmer's market. After wandering around and picking up a few things, we rode the train. When we got back, Nikos insisted on going next door to say hi to Bonnie, so we visited with her (and Teagen) for a bit. And then it was dinner, bath, and bedtime! Another day complete!

Here are a few photos, starting with two that I took yesterday and absolutely love. I may be biased, but these are two of the most beautiful people I have ever laid eyes on. I love them so much!


No comments: