Friday, April 16, 2010

Reasons #548964 & #548965 Why I Love My Kids

The first one has to do with Maya. She is a Snuggler. She's always been the type who loves to snuggle in bed with us on those mornings when she wakes at some ungodly hour, or who will take a break from playing to come over and rest her head on my leg and heave a contented sigh. Nikos was never really this way, so it's been a real treat to get so much affection! At any rate, it gets better. For the past two nights, as I have finished giving Maya her bedtime bottle, she has pushed the bottle aside and sat up in my lap. She then turns toward me, wiggles around to get comfy, and rests her head on my chest. Sometimes her eyes are open, sometimes they are closed. Tonight, she whispered to me for a good five minutes (she said "hi" a lot). She smiles, sighs happily, and just generally oozes love. It is seriously enough to make your heart explode. ♥

And the next reason, of course, has to do with Nikos. I just love how amazed he is by even the smallest things, and that I really am sort of a superhero in his little world. This afternoon was a little on the windy side, so I took the kids out back and we flew Nikos' Spider-Man kite. I am the one who does most of the flying, but he runs along beside me and just shrieks with joy and amazement when it takes off. And with every swoop and dive, he giggles and yells and just gets so into it. Until recently, I hadn't flown a kite since I was a kid. And you know what? It's pretty awesome. Sometimes it takes a toddler to remind us about these things. :)

No comments: