Friday, June 12, 2015

Dress Rehearsal and Flag Day

Last night, Maya had her big dress rehearsal for her recital. Her dance studio is relatively young-- I'm pretty sure that Maya's first year of dance was only their second year in business, so it hasn't been long! Anyway, they have expanded so much over the past few years that they have outgrown their old recital venue. This year, instead of performing at a local community college, the girls will be dancing at Mechanics Hall in downtown Worcester. I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, it's a very impressive venue! Very old and fancy. On the other hand, all of the floor seating is flat. So, we'll see. I am hoping we can get seats in the balcony, but we will get what we can get!

Anyway, here are some pictures from before the chaos yesterday (it really was crazy... I think the new venue threw everyone for a loop):
And the videos of our girl dancing. Don't watch this if you are coming on Sunday! :)
Then, today was Flag Day, so the kids had a quick little ceremony at school. I didn't go last year and figured I'd check it out. It was cute! They all waved little paper flags, sang the Star-Spangled Banner and some other patriotic songs, and a few kids walked down from the middle school to read some interesting facts about the history of the U.S. flag. It was maybe 10 minutes long!
After that, though, I was finally able to chat with the principal for the first time since my parents made their offer on her home. She knew they were my parents, as I suspected! But we had a nice chat, as always, and she is busily looking for someplace to live (probably temporary) come July 20th. But she has loved living in that house, and she knows that my parents will love it, too. And I'm just glad everything is out in the open, since she will very likely be my boss in the fall. Still-- what are the odds?????

Speaking of the house... the inspection is today! Gus and the kids will be camping out at the Boy Scout camp for the next two nights. Once they leave, I might drive over and see the inside of the house myself. I can't wait! :)

No comments: