Friday, April 3, 2015

I am old! And other things

Ack, I am behind again. We've been too busy living life and not blogging about it! The horror!

So let's see... Last Friday, we went to to Globetrotters. We had a pretty nice, quiet weekend at home, during which we actually had quite a bit of snow (which melted very quickly). But Sunday afternoon, it was warming up and the sun was peeking through at times. And our fox friend was back in our yard for his evening siesta:
And then, sometime early this week, I took a picture of Corky sitting on her golf ball. She is trying to hatch it. Meanwhile, while she is doing this, she is producing the most foul-smelling poop you can possibly imagine (and this is NORMAL for birds sitting on eggs). It is AWFUL! Gus is cleaning the cage regularly, but we pretty much avoid the living room if we can. It should go away once she realizes that her golf ball is not viable... so sometime this month. The sooner, the better!
But then came the most important part of the week, of course-- my birthday! :)
Despite it falling on a Wednesday, I had a fantastic time. I started the morning with presents, which were all wonderful. I drove the kids to school and then drove to Dunkin Donuts, which is essentially two doors down from the school (which is why I drove them). I had put out an open invitation to all my local friends, inviting anyone who was around to join me for coffee. Five people came, and it was really, really nice! And despite being a really diverse group of people, everyone knew each other somehow-- because we live in a small town. AND they brought me little treats, which was completely unexpected! It was a great way to spend the morning!

I had to leave at around 10, though, to go volunteer in Niko's classroom. So I did. And, since it was an early release day for the kids, I got to bring them both home with me! We had lunch, and they instantly threw their boots on and wanted to play outside in the quickly-melting snow and mud. We went out to dinner that night, and then came back to dig into this beautiful cake:
So, that was my birthday, in a nutshell. It was lovely. I don't feel any older, so there you go!

That brings us to yesterday... Glorious, WARM yesterday! Maya got home from school and instantly suggested we put a blanket down on the hill and lay in the sunshine. I like the way she thinks!
It was so, so nice. She actually ran around and played quite a bit, since most of the snow in our yard has melted. Out front, the tulips and day lilies are starting to poke through! Spring may actually arrive, finally!!

Then, yesterday night, we went to Disney on Ice. It was a good time, though we didn't like it as much as the last Disney on Ice show we went to. Still, I bought the tickets for super cheap on Groupon, and I was impressed with the seats! We had a pretty good view!
And today, the kids went to school, I went swimsuit shopping, and then we decorated Easter eggs when we reconvened. I think they are kinda cute!
And that's all she wrote!

No comments: