Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

On this, the eve of my 36th birthday, I am feeling reflective... haha! Just kidding, I am mostly thinking about how awesome my cake will be tomorrow. I baked a chocolate chip cookie dough cake for myself, which Gus and the kids decorated. But the cake! It is going to be SO GOOD!

But seriously... 36 is not exactly a milestone. It's just another year! But I have always loved my birthday. I look forward to being spoiled by my family tomorrow, and then going out for Mexican food (and margaritas!). Life is good. I have a few (maybe 3??) gray hairs that I am noticing more frequently, and my body shows evidence of having created two human beings, but I still feel like I am 25 most of the time. I love where we live, though I am really ready for spring (it's about to be April and we had SLEET for several hours this morning. And now I know what sleet is!! It's not good!). The kids are at such awesome ages for everything, and I genuinely like being around them as much as I am (which is a lot!). I have very little to complain about. Even the never-ending home improvement projects give me a feeling of satisfaction and pride. I love walking through the house and thinking, "I made it like this!" But there is still a long way to go, of course!

Anyway... I can't wait to celebrate with my little family tomorrow. I couldn't imagine a better way to turn 36. Or, as I'm calling it, 21 for the 16th time. :) Check out how Gus and the kids decorated my cake!! :)

No comments: