Sunday, January 13, 2013

Little Skaters

Today was week two of ice skating lessons, and I have to say-- I was SHOCKED at how much improvement all the kids showed. Seriously! They really are little sponges at this age, I suppose. But last week, Nikos spent most of the time down on all fours. Maya, while doing a little better, still had some big spills that left her in tears by the end. And to be fair, poor Maya did end up with with a bruised booty last week. Still, both kids resolved to try their very best today, and they absolutely did! They did SO WELL! And they kept smiles on their faces the entire time. Seriously, I was so proud and so impressed! We went out to lunch with our friends (also in the class) afterward, as a treat for trying their best. I think we are all looking forward to week three... these kids might really be skating around by week eight!

No comments: