Sunday, September 12, 2010

Alone Time

Gus went to the UCLA v. Stanford football game yesterday, and brought the kiddos along with him to spend the weekend at his parents' house (where he spent the night, after the game). Anyway, I have had an entire kid-free weekend! And while I do miss them terribly, I have been incredibly productive. Allow me to brag about what I have accomplished!

Yesterday: got kids packed, got myself dressed, and did a maternity photo shoot for my coworker. Went straight from there to the mall, where I successfully rounded up the missing articles of clothing needed for our family photos next weekend. Ate lunch. Got a haircut. Drove to Ikea to pick up a few things. Stopped at Walmart on the way back to get some necessities (baby wipes, etc.). De-cluttered the entire house. Did a load of laundry.

Today: Slept in (yay!). Got up, washed dishes, cleaned out the fridge, took a shower, and headed out to run errands. Returned a shirt I bought last weekend and decided I didn't like, bought some photo gear using a gift card, and bought Nikos a few books using another gift card. Went to the bank to deposit checks. Went grocery shopping. Grabbed a smoothie for lunch (another gift card!). Made it home for about an hour, then headed out to get a one-hour reflexology massage (another gift card!). HEAVEN! Picked up a few things at Trader Joe's. Came home, took out the trash, and washed the floors (the trash bag leaked!). Finally sat down, ate some yummy chicken enchiladas from Trader Joe's, and decided to blog. :)

Anyway... It amazes me just how much I can get done in a day without kids! I think back to the days before they were around, and how much time I must have WASTED! I mean, I was SO efficient this weekend. Like a machine! I don't think I would have ever gotten this much done in my former life as a non-mom. But I guess I appreciate it more now, knowing how much easier it is to get things done without two toddlers in tow.

Still, I am looking forward to my little toddlers coming home in an hour and a half. I hope they had a blast this weekend! :)

No comments: