Friday, March 20, 2009

More Comparing & Contrasting

I know I've probably said it before, but I still can't get over how different these two pregnancies have been. As I enter the final stretch, I keep thinking to myself how hard things are getting. But then I realize that this last little bit was really hard with Nikos, too, but for entirely different reasons. So, just for fun, I thought I'd type out a nice little comparison...

First Trimester: Last time, I was nauseous. A lot. I had serious food aversions, and it would hit me especially hard at around 4pm (and last through bedtime). This time, I had very mild, short-lasting waves of nausea throughout the day. But even that didn't last for more than a couple weeks, and didn't affect my eating-- I was STARVING!

Second Trimester:
Both times were pretty smooth sailing for me. I felt good and ate well. This time around, though, the round ligament pain started sooner and was much more painful. Probably because my muscles were still somewhat stretched out from last time.

Third Trimester: Last time, the weather was HOT and I was unbelievably swollen. My feet and ankles were gigantic, and my fingers were swollen to the point that I couldn't get my rings on/off. Because of the swelling, my feet throbbed when I walked. This time around, I haven't had nearly the same swelling (*knock on wood!*), presumably because the weather's been cooler. This time around, though, I feel like everything is just... lower. I'm definitely doing the pregnant-lady waddle, and have this lovely constant feeling like I've been kicked in the nether region. Oh, and she's resting on my bladder, which means I feel the urge to use the restroom almost 24/7. I am a lot more active than I was last time, since I have Nikos around, but it's really very physically painful for me. At the same time, I can still wear my rings without any problems.

And there you have it, folks. I figured I should record it for Rainbow's sake, so she can one day realize what she put me through! :) In the meantime, I am going to go relax on the couch and watch a movie. In exactly 6 weeks, that won't really be an option anymore (at least, not for a while!).

No comments: