Sunday, March 23, 2008

Surprise!!

Yesterday afternoon, my parents came down to visit, and my mom took me out shopping for birthday presents (since my birthday is in a week and a half). After a productive trip, we arrived back at the house around 4pm. I got out of the car, collected my shopping bags from the trunk, and retrieved the mail. Nothing exciting. But then I opened the front door and... SURPRISE!!!
Gus had planned a surprise 30th birthday party for me!! Not too many people could make it (largely due to the fact that it was the day before Easter), but there were probably 15 or so guests. The weather was absolutely beautiful, so we grilled up some hamburgers, enjoyed cold beverages, etc. It was such a nice treat! I was impressed to learn that Gus had been working on this for a few months now. He had decorated the house and everything!

Now if we could just get Nikos to like parties a bit more, then life would be perfect (he started screaming as soon as everyone yelled "Surprise!" and then didn't really calm down until bedtime...). :P Oh, well... Maybe next year!

(P.S. I'll post more pictures later, if people send them to me... This is pretty much all I have right now!)

No comments: