Monday, March 12, 2007

Fatness

So, my pants are tight! I was noticing today that the button on my pants left a really nice red mark on my stomach. I also had to really "suck it in" when I buttoned them earlier, and it felt soooooo good to undo the button as soon as I got home. I was thinking that maybe I was imagining the whole thing- I mean, 8 weeks seems too early to have any sort of belly. But then I received the following email from baby-gaga.com (I subscribe to these weekly emails that tell me what's going on, developmentally... interesting stuff!):

And how's mom doing? Your slightly-larger-than-a-cherry embryo is also starting to have a physical impact on you this week—and not just hormonally, as you may be noticing a slight bulge at your midline. Most people wouldn’t even notice the change, but since you’re tuned in to every little change in your body, it hasn’t slipped past.

So I'm not hallucinating! This could be the very beginning of an actual pregnancy belly! I have a feeling that most of it is due to bloat and bowel distention (ah, pleasant thoughts!), but still! This is so exciting! Soon I can wear maternity pants or, if you remember that episode of Friends, "Thanksgiving pants"! hehe! It will be so much more comfy than buttoning my pants. Hooray!

In addition to feeling fat and really, really tired, I am getting really annoyed with some people (heightened irritability?). For example, today at lunch I was talking with my coworkers about my TMJ problem. It's been flaring up the last few weeks, making it painful to chew my food. So my one coworker was going on and on about how I should take ibuprofen, or maybe a few Aleves, etc. I can't take any of that stuff!! Of course, she doesn't know I'm pregnant yet, and it's not her fault, but I was really annoyed. I guess it just frustrated me to think about how much my stupid jaw hurt, and how I couldn't really do anything about it. Stupid TMJ!!!!!

Added at 7:10p.m.: I took a picture of my belly (very hard, since nobody else was around to hold the camera!). Click here to see what it looks like when I "suck it in" as much as possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best part of that picture? The beautiful clock in the background! :)

Briar said...

haha!! I forgot you gave that to us! I do love that clock. I *heart* Pottery Barn! :)

Alayna said...

I'm so impressed that you took that photo on your own! And how exciting that things are starting to change already!