Saturday, April 19, 2014

Baseball and Easter Eggs

We had our first baseball practice this past Monday! I have to say, I was SUPER nervous. It was like the first day of school! But the kids are awesome, and the hour sailed right by. The one drawback to being the coach is that I don't really get a chance to take pictures! It's such a bummer! I did, however, steal this one from my friend Miranda's Facebook page (her kids are on the team, too):
You can't see everyone, but we have 11 kids on the team: 6 preschoolers and 5 kindergartners; 4 girls and 7 boys. It's a really nice balance! Some of my favorite moments from Monday were when I asked them to raise their hands instead of just shouting things out (it got chaotic). The preschoolers just raised their hands WHILE shouting things out, and I had to laugh. I should have known better! I also loved it when we were walking the bases for the first time. I stood at second base with the kids, and said, "So, if THAT one over there is called first base, what do you think this one is called?" A little boy shouted out, "The SQUARE base!" hahaha!!!! Really, it was fun. Most of the kids are new to t-ball this year. We're going to have a great time together, even if it is a lot like herding cats!

In other news... I begged the kids to recreate this picture for me. I think I need to do it every five years, haha!
We also got Niko's report card this week, and he continues to do just awesome. We're very proud of him, as always, but I'm especially happy with the improvement I've seen in his handwriting. It's SO much better now! Hallelujah!!

Today, seeing as how Easter is tomorrow, we colored eggs. I actually broke out the good camera for some pictures, which I hardly do these days! So... pictures!

No comments: