Friday, December 16, 2011

Official!

So I got my Massachusetts driver's license in the mail today, complete with a horrific photo (which is to be expected, of course!). So I guess this means I am officially a Massachusetts resident! I also received my ATM/debit card for the account we recently opened with a local bank. We're assimilating... ack! :)

In other news... my mommy friend came over this morning for a playdate, and I had a lot of fun showing her around the house while the kids ran wild together. AND she brought me a vanilla chai from a local coffee place. This might not sound like a big deal, but I have sort of a Starbucks problem. I have been spoiled for too long, constantly receiving gift cards from students, and having not one, but TWO Starbucks right along my drive to work. I literally salivate when I think about having one of their chai lattes (my usual order). Pavlovian response? Perhaps. But the truth is that I have never had a chai latte that even compared to Starbucks. Until this one, which was (gasp!) even BETTER! It was so, SO delicious! And made even tastier by the fact that it comes from a small, locally-owned, non-chain place. That is less than ten minutes away. AND they apparently sell amazing pastries that are to die for. Best. Discovery. Ever. haha! And yes, I just devoted like half of this post to chai lattes. Nummy nummy!

Anyhow... the kids had a fabulous time together, and I am hopeful we can do it again soon. Yippee!

On a totally different note, I was domestic yesterday. Actually, I was in full-on "Pinterest Mode." I find so many amazing ideas on Pinterest, and I made my shopping list this week with those things in mind. I found a great new pork chop recipe, which was SO easy and SO tasty (Nikos at two whole pork chops!). I tried baking potatoes in the crock pot for the first time, too, with amazing results. How did I not know about this before?? I also made my own strawberry fruit leather and chocolate chip granola bars for the kids-- both were hits! Then I made some pizza dough to store in the freezer. And, I am pleased to report that tonight's pizza (made with said dough) was INCREDIBLE. Best pizza I have ever made. Finally, I made up a batch of this Cream of Something Soup powder to have on hand as a healthier substitute when a recipe calls for a can of Cream of (Whatever) Soup. At the end of the day, I was feeling pretty darn accomplished! And tomorrow, I am going to make a few more batches of pizza dough, because it was just awesome and super easy to work with-- and it froze/defrosted really well.

Hooray!

No comments: