Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Last Day

Gus' dad took the day off today, wanting to spend more time with the kids. We started off by going to the mall so the kids could ride the merry-go-round. It had been switched out to be Christmas-themed, and was right next to where Santa was set up. Have I mentioned that my children are terrified of Santa??? Yeah... It wasn't so bad, until Santa had some free time and stood right up against the rail as we went around in circles. The kids weren't fans! They did like the merry-go-round, though, especially Maya-- she rode it twice!
We went out to lunch at McDonald's, then drove to ANOTHER McDonald's that had a play area, since that's what the kids really wanted to do. I shudder thinking about the germs (ick!), but they both had nice long baths tonight. I think they have been appropriately disinfected. And they had a blast! They made fast friends with a little boy there, and had a great time. And Maya liked her ice cream cone. Everyone was happy!
Gus' sister came by after work again, and we all had dinner together. Gus and I packed the suitcases. We still have a few things to squeeze in there in the morning, and I reeeeeally hope it will all fit. I honestly don't know! We can always mail it, if it doesn't fit, but I am feeling optimistic. Tomorrow is a long day of travel for us-- please keep us (and our sanity) in your thoughts! It has been amazing to be back in California these past two weeks, but it will also be good to get back into our daily routine. And see our pets again!

No comments: